Exciting new things for La Posada this Season. First, there’s breaking news on two fronts:
IBC Bank has joined La Posada as our Signature Partner for 2019. We are now the IBC Bank La Posada Lighted Boat Parade. IBC President, Harold Schockley Jr. entered negotiations with The La Posada Foundation about 3 months ago. The partnership was formally completed October 14.
La Posada is very proud and excited to have IBC Bank as their Signature Partner.
Gregg Rollie, two time inductee into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is the 2019 Grand Marshall for this year La Posada Parades. Mr. Rollie was the co-founder and lead singer for the super band’s Journey and Santana and toured with Ringo Starr this year.
Look for Gregg on the lead Parade Boat, Dream Weaver, Captain’d by Mike Hettick.
There will be a “Meet and Greet for Mr. Rollie on Dec. 7. For more information contact contact Keith Clark @ 813-900-0662, David Rossi@ 361-779-4286 or Fred Edler @ 713-412-6402. Look for details in the Island Moon newspaper in upcoming editions. Tickets will be available.
La Posada Scheule for 2019:
- 21- Golf Cart Poker Run benefiting LaPosada Foundation. Please bring a new toys for “Toys for Tots”. 6pm, meet at the Barrel Restaurant.
- November 29- Island Moon concert, at Waves Resort, benefiting the La Posada Foundation. Please bring a toy for “Toys for Tots”.
- 3 (Tuesday)- La Posada Kick Off Party, with Silent and Live Auction, food, adult beverages, and live band after auction closes. Waves Resort’s Grand Ballroom, 6pm.
- 6 (Friday) North Canals IBC Bank La Posada Lighted Boat Parade. Parade starts near the JFK Bridge at 7:00PM. Great parade viewing from Doc’s, Snoopy’s, Scoopy’s and the new Marker 37. The parade should pass these restaurants shortly after 7:00pm.
- 7 (Saturday) South Canals IBC Bank La Posada Lighted Boat Parade. Parade starts near Caravel/Whitecap boat launch at 6:00pm. The Parade will be televised live on The local ABC affiliate KIII, Channel 3 beginning at 6:30 pm. The telecast will be hosted by Joe Gazin and Dale Rankin. Good viewing from most Island boat launches. Please bring a toy for the Marines’ Toys for Tots.
- 8 Evening- Nueces County ESD 2 Fire Engine and Golf Cart Parade. Look for the U.S. Marines sitting next to the Whataburger Mascot/Employee on a Golf Cart. Everyone that hands the Marines a new toy will receive a coupon for a complimentary Whataburger. Parade starts at 6pm, check for route in Island Moon newspaper.
- Tune in for the latest news on La Posada on KIII, Channel 3 and the Island Moon .